Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Tiffany

Hi ladies. Surprise! I keep meaning to come in here and post something and life keeps throwing lemons at me. I'm so busy trying to avoid making lemonaide that I haven't made it in here in awhile.

I have been busy sewing up my Dear Jane blocks. It isn't going as quickly as I would have expected but I'm plugging away at it. I've got about 15-20 of them done. I know, I'm woefully behind but I'm not giving up. I figure this year at my local guild's annual retreat I will work on my Dear Jane blocks and nothing else. Hopefully I'll get caught up and maybe even a tad ahead then.

I threw out my color scheme and just went with scrappy. So far I love how everything is turning out, though I've discovered a couple areas I really need to work on. My small applique is terrible, at least to me. I really need to work on it, especially if I want to do one of those fancy baltimore album quilts someday. The second thing I need a bit of work on is matching up my points when there are 8 or more seams coming together in a small piece. I have no problem with sizes 3 inches or bigger but some of these are very small and I'm always off a thread or two. Drives me nuts!

Once I drag my camera downstairs and get my blocks out I will take and post some pictures. Maybe...depends on how far behind I am. :lol: