Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Joeysnana

Originally Posted by Andy323
Keep an eye out at local garage/estate sale for the little "suitcase"...most people never think to open that case to see what a treasure is inside....and most estate sales simply want everything Gone, and don't know the value of these gems! Just don't show your GLEE when you stumble across one,and you might get out really cheap! Even if the case is not in the best of shape, the machine is a workhorse, and you will not be disappointed with the purchase! As always, the condition of decals may be important to you, but will not alter the workings of the machine! These things were manufactured back when America still took pride in what we built! I sew on a Singer 201, and she ain't too pretty, but hubby refinished the cabinet, and she sews till the cows come home! (It just is not portable to classes, but the Featherweight is!) So keep your eye out for one at a sale where the owner is probably not aware of what a great item they are parting with...remember to look for the little suitcase....you will not be disappointed!
Thanks for the advice. I will be going to estate sales this summer and now I will be on the lookout for one of these!