Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Aurora

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
What does this wonder tool look like?? Is it the one with the slat every 1/2 inch?
Originally Posted by Aurora
I have this great June Tailor ruler that you just lay on the 2 1/2 strips, line up the marks and you can cut 2 1/2" squares even cutting one strip at a time in no time at all, probably less than 15 minutes, I had cut more squares than I needed for this project. This is probably my favorite ruler, it makes cutting squares totally painless. It also works to square up squares from 1 1/2" squares to 6 1/2" squares. It was $12.97 well spent at Walmart.
It does have slats every 1/2", but is smaller that the one used to cut strips. It also has a slat and two blue lines on one side and two wide slats for marking and a blue line on the other side . There are blue lines across the middle slats which are the markings for the tops and bottoms of the squares. In the middle there is an "X" in a square. At my Walmart it is $12.97.

The side markings can be used for marking HST stitching lines and cutting lines. The other side markings can be used to rotary cut HST's. My Walmart has two June Tailor rulers the large one is for cutting strips is $18.97 and the smaller one I believe is called a Square Up and as I said I paid $12.97 for it. Mine is in my car for my UFO on Friday. I hope this is not too confusing. I know it has sure made my life easier.