View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Jingle
Power Poster

I find if I get to bed before 10 I can usually sleep, not always all night, I usually never have problems sleeping 2 nights in a row. The worse thing is to fall sound asleep for about 20-30 minutes, wake up and not go back to sleep before 2 and have to get up at 5:45, I do that lots of times.
I'm on 4 medications and won't try any natural remedies, some don't mix well.
I only have an ocassional hot flash, body temp. feels higher than when I was younger, weight is up too and might be why. Brain fog is not good.
My neck gets red, a lady told me that is from hormones my body still makes, Grands use to think it meant I was mad. I couldn't link it to anything. I'm going to be 65 in a few days, heat ups are getting less, never had night sweats.
Ever notice when you get real cold, a hot flash or heat up never occurs? Early 40s - about 48 or so was the bad moods period for me, Hubby and kids never tried to help, heard about menopause but thought I should be able to act normal. HAHA. Men do go through Menopause, get hard of hearing,need reading glasses, other changes, hair growing out ears,nose, etc. Some divorce old wife and get a young gal and sports car and doesn't make any sense at all. Mine didn't do that and thats a good thing.
I guess menopause is better than the alternative.