View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
NewYearsOld

I am so sorry that you were treated that way at the quild meeting. I hope that you will try another one. I know that there are alot of clicks in my quilt guild too, but I try to ignore them. I felt more like one of the group (not the clicky ones) when I was involved in alot of classes, and activities. I got my eyes opened though when I was on the board as Treasurer. There was another lady on the board that was always bossy to me. I got to hate going, but knew I had to, to finish my term. I am a quilter not a quiter! I was so glad to be done with my two year term! Then in the fall of 08, I got busy during my youngest daughters last year of school and didn't make it to a meeting for several months. When I did get back, there were some of them that was so glad that I was back. I went to the Retreat a month ago and was so happy to reconnect. In the last 9 months I haven't gotten as involved in classes as I have been working alot of OT and a PT job as well. DH has been laid off since Nov of 09.

I have heard of churches acting like that, but I am glad to say that I have never heard of that behavior at my church.