View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 AM
retrogirl02

Kyssyfur,

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your favorite store...I'm in a similar position with all three of the quilt stores in my area. 2 of the 3 are normally incredibly helpful with expertise shared frequently. However, I've noticed over the past year that the freebie advice is minimal at both of the spots. It is unfortunate because I can go online for free and may do that more often now.

It seems like the ladies of the board have already rallied with some great advice...here's my 2 cents.

If I signed up for a block of the month and I didn't receive sufficient info at the demo, I would definitely let the instructor know I needed more help. If I didn't get the help that I needed within the cost of the class (like they suggest private lessons or signing up for an additional class) I'd be happy to let them know I can buy an all inclusive kit whenever I want from JoAnnes. Not that I prefer the bigger store, but I pay a premium for my quilting supplies at a quilt store for their help and quality of goods. Once quality and/or customer service is out the window, why pay more?

PS if JoAnnes isn't close to you, be sure to let them know you can purchase online and that you are internet savvy.

Best of Luck :-o