Old 05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by cjaye44
Hi Billy,
This was a "curb alert" meaning free for the taking before being picked up as trash. It also had a dome cover with broken hinges and latches. The power cord had a lot of broken exposed wires so I didn't want to try plugging it in. So I used the cord from my 1

5-91 and she runs...pretty ragged but she goes. It's missing the bobbin cover plate but I remember a previous post where you can get a thin plastic sheet from a hobby shop and cut it to fit. The bobbin winder assembly is broken also. My main question is the receptacle box there to the right of the machine...I tried several times to get a better picture but they were all dark. There is one cord plugged in which I assume has something to do with the motor. Then there is a thin cord coming out from under the bottom of the box that goes to the foot control. The cord from the opposite end has been cut off....what was it for?? Also, where do I look for a manual for this machine...are all 66's the same??
Looks like they robbed the Knee controller out of the case along with the wiring blocks that were there. I would put the knee controller back in of turn it into a handcrank one.

The bobbin plate is the same for the 66,99,185 so they are readily available at any sewing machine repair shop or a Singer dealer.

I have the entire set up for the knee controller including the knee bar and light fixture, motor, wiring and the blocks I am going to list in the for sale section of the board. If you want them then PM me and I will hook you up, in like Flint!!! And Ill toss in the bobbin plate.

Billy