View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
ohstr

We have a local shop that charges for everything....to attend a demo for a longarm quilting machine - there is a $10.00 fee to just watch - no project nothing to take away only what you have seen in the demo. Wouldn't it better serve the shop if she offered this demo free?? I realize that it is costly to run a business - however to get folks in the door and charge them $10.00 is being somewhat selfish. This shop also placed a minimum dollar amount on purchases in this spring's shop hop before you could register for the door prize that was offered. Had to spend minimum of $25.00.....(it is hard to walk out of a shop not spending at least this much...) some folks just got back on the bus and waited when they learned about the amount. Oh well. On the other hand - Sad to say that we have a beautiful shop (not the one mentioned above) in the area that is closing due to health issues - this lady ran her shop like you were calling on her for a visit and I always come away from her shop planning on when I would be able to return. It made me very sad when I left her shop for the last time - how differently these two shops are from one another.