View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 07:20 AM
susan s.

Carla that's a great tip I've been using a 100/denim weight. I wondered about the needle. Whether I should get some feed back on the different types and sizes as far as quilting goes. I'm used to sewing apparel or drapes, that kind of thing. My machine does not have an adjustable bobbin tension. Or feed-dogs that lower. It does have an adjustable tension for the presser foot; from really firm to practically no pressure, which makes it possible to free motion. Tho my only attempt at free motion quilting was on a throw-pillow top without batting. I thought for practice I would just give it a backing, which was a piece of sheet. I noticed some of that uneven bottom thing happening. But by time I finished the pc. Only 15 X 12" I thought "well I need more practice but, it doesn't look half bad, Even if I'm not ready to win any quilting contests it looks great on my sofa." :) I used the quilt block of Patrices arrow-head pattern! So I will try a smaller needle on the second one! I think I may even use quilt batting to get a better feel for it.