Old 04-29-2007, 07:50 AM
susan s.

Every ones tulips are just awe-inspiring in the colors and all. Isn't it just too true that the largest amount of time is spent in color and fabric selection? I did all of mine in pink, blue, green and yellow they will go with two of the frolics I made in those colors. I also created a butterfly block to go with the flowers. I Did three tulips. So I will be doing another frolic and two more butterflies then will put it together in a small throw quilt for my niece.

Feathers; I just love your flower/star quilt. I notice that some look like sunflowers while another block reminded me of a water flower. What are they called Lotus or something like that? It depends on the color of fabrics combos which flower they look like or is it a star? Are the center circles appliqued? Or is it pieced?

So, do you iron on the butcher paper to the back of the 12x12 block? I thought you were putting it on the back of the applique pcs. and I just couldn't make any sense out of that :lol: But I did have some pucker problems with some fabric more than others and it was frustrating so I will definitely try that technique on my next block!