Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM
fabricluvr

i just couldn't wait until we get home to share my excitement! we were in virginia at my Cousin's house a few days ago. She built a house on the property next to what was my Grandparents house (where my mom grew up). the old house is still standing, but they use it for storage (sad, but true). i was nosing around on sunday while they were at church looking through the windows and what did i spy but my Grandmother's sewing machine just inside the window!

mom asked later that day if it was still there (i had tipped her off :wink: ) and Cindy said YES! it is rightfully my mom's (both of her sisters have passed away) and she (Cindy nor my mom) has no use for it so they are going to dig it out and next May when we come home from her daughter's wedding i get to bring it with me!

it really is a mess (has bird poop and some mild water damage), but i'm still really excited! Mom is pretty sure it is a Singer. She learned to sew on it. Said when she was learning, and would accidentally peddle backwards, the thread would snap and she'd get her hand slapped (and her sister would laugh!).

please think positive thoughts for me that they can get it out of the house in one piece, that it will fit in my taurus X, and that it will be in good enough condition that i can have it refinished/refurbished!

i'm so excited!