View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
JNCT14

Ok all you quilters - I just bought Karen Combs' new book 'Celtic Pieced Illusions'. I have been wanting to make either a stained glass or Celtic style quilt for a while, but I just don't have the time to do all the hand applique required. WELL - no more worries about that! Karen uses only 2 blocks - a 9 patch and what I would call a string pieced block (strips only) to make the most fabulous Celtic patterns with no applique at all! And you can make your own designs or follow the ones she has in the book (with very good instructions).

Now I just had the roof on my sunroom redone so I can finally move all my furniture back, and I am envisioning Celtic wall hangings, table runners, couch and chair covers - ahhh the possibilities!!!

But WHAT does my daughter do? 19 years old, never had an interest in my making her a quilt and guess what she wants? A quilt! BUT - she wants the black and white 'Think Outside the Box' quilt pattern that I showed her after I saw it here (Toadusa rocks!)! Sigh. So I will make her the quilt....and post pictures....and then I am definitely trying one of these Celtic beauties.

Do check out the book though - http://www.karencombs.com/celtic_pieced_illusions.htm
There is a video clip that is worth looking at.

Happy quilting!