Thread: Newbie from MO
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
NikkiLu

Hi Everybody - especiall those from the SHOW ME STATE!

I have been reading this site for a couple of weeks and have decided to join your great group. Looks like you all have the same interests as far as quilts go. I am not too interested in quilts that are "painted" with fabric paints or threads, etc. - just ordinary, pieced, beautiful quilts.

The only quilts that I have made are those from Grandma's embroidered quilt blocks that she gave to all of us before she passed away. They were always in sets of 12 - about 12" square if I remember right. I would pick out a fabric that went with the theme of the blocks and then set the blocks together with sashing and then have the quilt machine quilted. I gave each of the kids their finished quilts and I honestly do not think that any of them use their quilts - just have them on the shelves. So, I don't know if I want to make a patchwork quilt for each of them if they are not going to use them.

I have a friend who had a massive stroke a couple of years ago and she worked in a fabric shop and was "paid" in material. She still has a whole room full of fabric and has told me not to dare go and buy any but to use her material just as if it was my own. The only thing is her tastes and mine are completely different - I like bright colors and she liked the dark, drab pieces.