View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I have been asked at times if I teach at any quilting retreats or any guild meetings. I can't take that kind of time away from my handicapped DH. But it occured to me just the other day that maybe I could set something up close to home.

I found a Bed and Breakfast in a little historical town close to me that accomodates quilt retreats. It is also just a few mins from my favorite Fabric store.

My question is how do I go about setting something up so I am not the only one there twidding my thumbs!!

I tried to set up classes in my home and couldn't get enough interest.

I thought maybe in the las half of Sept or early half of Oct. Have people pay a nominal fee to reserve a spot so then I have a guest list and am reasonably sure they will come.

I was thinking I could do some classes and there is another quilt store in the country about 45 mins or so from this B and B. So we could do a road trip.
Have people come on Fri aft or Sat am until Sun aft. or longer if needed and wanted.

So what about food? Does everyone buy their own or would I or the B and B provide food?

This B and B has sewing machines for rent and a long arm for rent. But they only have 8 rooms. There are several hotels in close proximity.

Also I am not a leader. I would love to have someone who would lead the group etc. or someone else that would give a class or two. Just some thoughts on the subject for now!

So any comments?