View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 07:25 PM
CarolLady

Thank You Billy! The singer sewing shop I know about drives their repairs two hours away every two weeks. So I don't know about them being worth their salt. I might call them tomorrow and see.
The person I got the machine from said there was a lady in a town close by that refurbishes singer sewing machines and at one time she had redone 75 of them, if I remember correctly. And so I am trying to get a hold of her through craigslist. (might be a long shot) but if she wants to pass on her knowledge I will be a sponge. lol
I do have a question about the knob in the middle top of the machine has two screws in it. I assume it is suppose to turn? If so how is that done or does mine just not move. lol How does the throat plate come out? Yes I am already full of questions and can't even plug it in to see what it does.
I have found the power cord and the foot cord on ebay. So I will probably go that route on the cords. The cords shown on ebay have three holes where my machine only have 2 prongs, however, I have contacted one person and they have assured me that it will fit the 401A.
She is dirty/dusty but I am scared to touch her for fear of messing her up. lol
I did purchase singer oil and lubricant today, JoAnns was running a 50% off sale on their quilting notions.
Ok I'm rambling so I'll stop. Any little tips and tidbits about the machine would be great.
Thanks again
Carol