View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
BobUrquhart

Hi my name is Bob. I guess as a guy quilter I'm kind of in a minority here, but I've always found that to be another part of quilting that makes it fun!!

I have only been quilting for about six months and have made several quilt tops and one finished quilt that's a sampler from my first class. I have several other tops that I plan on turning into finished quilts later this summer as I will be taking a long arm class and will be able to rent time from my instructor. I'm really looking forward to that later in June. When I complete some of the quilts I will post some pictures.

I live in the southwest Chicago suburbs about 30 miles from downtown and about 10 miles from Joliet in the small town, Romeoville. I was born and raised in New Orleans but moved to the Chicagoland area in 1998 to work for Sears as part of their Y2K team in Information Technology. When my one-year contract was up I decided to stay and don't regret that decision.

I now share my home with my partner of 11 years, Randy, our Maine Coon cat Jinxy, and our Senegal parrot, Mazie.

If there are any other guy quilters out there please send a message. My email is [email protected]

Glad to be part of the group.