View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 04:41 AM
JenniePenny

Hi Melody,

I Love my peg board and is one of my favorite components in my sewing room.

Pegboard is relatively inexpensive and you can buy it in white or brown. It comes in sheets that are 4 x 8 which can be cut down. Initially I had wanted to buy the brown pegboard (a tiny bit cheaper than the white), and paint the pegboard to match the wall color, but my husband advised me against it. He said the paint would get all drippy and go into the holes and not dry evenly, or block the use of the holes. So I splurged and got the white. DH made the nice oak frame from leftover wood he had from another home project.
I bought a peg board supply kit for about $12 with tons of various hooks, racks, and containers. I've put to use less than half of the components in the kit. So I would say that was a good value too, and the remaining pieces are stored away for when I want to rearrange things on the board.

I have a brass mailbox on the pegboard, and it's the right size for commercially sold quilt patterns. I also tuck away little notes from recipients of the quilts I have given as gifts.

Also, I've put up a makeshift shelf (top right of first picture) from an acrylic ruler on two peg board shelf brackets. Right now, I'm displaying the thank you cards I've received from some wonderful people on this site with whom I've shared some fabric.

I've got a bag of chocolate handy on the countertop. Help yourself. :P

full view of pegboard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75174[/ATTACH]

closer view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75175[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-75169.jpe   attachment-75170.jpe