Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 AM
RugosaB

When I was 6 or 7 I wanted my Barbie to havve cslothes, so I made them. Then I joined 4-H. I have been interested in quilting all along but really sewing clothes was my main interest. It's funny, when I met my husband (over 30 years ago) he had his tools in the back of his van wrapped up in a quilt his Grandma made. I rescued it immediately and told him if we broke up he could have it back, but it has a treasured spot in our house. Let's see in I can share a pic of it:

This looks to be more involved than I can do right now, let's say for now it's a gorgeous appliqued quilt. She died a few months after we were married, I know we would have been best friends
I have to tell abbout my daughter. She was scheduled for scoliosis surgery when she was 16 and had a few appointments before the surgery to give some of her own blood 'just in case' She was lying there and I noticed what she was wearing and I asked "Where did you get this skirt?"
Seems she bought a top at Goodwill and she's so tiny, it was enough fabric for her to make a skirt out of it! We bought her a new sewing machine as a 'glad you made it' gift after the surgery.