View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:49 AM
bstanbro

I have a ping pong table, which I love because I can have a cutting mat at each corner for four projects going at the same time. I just move from corner to corner so I never get bored working on the same thing all the time. That's not my suggestion though.

I have on the wall a couple of small cork pieces that I use to pin pictures of the project I'm working on, or whatever else I'm referring to frequently. I'm never having to hunt it down or cutting it with my rotary cutter. The other thing I did was to have plastic sheets cut to the size of my table (to protect it), but as it turns out, I can slip my pattern between the plastic and the table--again, so I don't lose it under my fabric or cut into it with my rotary cutter.

One last thing is a small white board to make notations when I'm having to look back at the pattern again and again to see how wide to cut something, how much binding I need, etc. Same reason. My pattern, pictures, instructions tend to get lost under what I'm working on and I hate having to hunt things down all the time.