Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 01:49 PM
shaverg

I was on facebook until I got hacked last year and the only info I had on it was my initial, lastname and photo. They got into family and friends used my photo and name and tried to extort money. The CA Sheriff, got involved. But shutting down my account was a nightmare. There is no phone number to call, and the hackers hijacked everything I was trying to send to facebooks security site through the internet. I wanted my account deleted not deactivated. I googled online until I found a personal office phone number for an employee. I did not get an answer but left a message I was going to the media. Once they got the message the account was shut down in minutes. But it took hours for me to find a phone number.

All my family is on facebook, but I am not willing to go back on it, even with all the new security measures they are adding.

I have every spyware, adaware, virus scan, doesn't matter they can still get by all that. I am also very computer savy.
The first person this happened to was a Microsoft Executive. If you do a search you should be able to find the article and interview he did last September. I got hacked about the same time.