Thread: Husbands peves
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Carla P

I can honestly say my DH is quite ok with and supportive of my hobby... as long as I don't cut up his "good shirts" to put in my stash (even if the button placket is almost threadbare). I have only cut up one of his shirts and he never missed it- until he saw the sleeve in my fabric & thread "trash" bucket 6 months after the fact!! :lol: I was almost laughing too hard to explain that I had run out of muslin (at midnight) and needed just one more 10" square, and his (worn out) cotton shirt fit the bill perfectly!! Now, anytime he can't find a particular clothing item he asks if he has been sleeping under it without knowing... I just shrug & say "You never know..." :lol: Seriously though, it is all in fun. He knows I am more interested in buying new fabric than new clothes, so he doesn't worry. He has gotten to the point where he will ask me if I want or need to stop at the quilt shop while we're out, and he has even gone inside with me... once. He never asks how long I will be in there, how much I spent, or what I plan to do with "that", and he never has. His hobbies are fishing and electronics, neither of which does he take the road of lesser expense, and I have never been one to complain about it, so I guess he is returning the favor. Whatever the reason, I can't complain.

He does have this one shirt though... :lol: j/k