Old 05-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Pigzrule219

I have 12 squares that my great great grandmother sewed. They are roughly 12 inches with some pieces as small as my little finger nail. All hand sewn. These are well over 100 years old. Not sure what to do with them. My mom told me I should bring the old to the new and finish it with the sewing machine.
I also have 2 quilt tops that my MIL hand sewn when she was a very young girl. One is a Sunbonnet Sue.I'm not sure what the name of the other is but it looks like houses, possibly a school house. They are roughly 70 years old. When I told my DH I should finish them he thought they should be framed. I explained to him they are at least queen/king size and we don't have a wall big enough or the money to buy a frame that big. LOL Maybe I will surprise him. Finish one for Christmas and give it to him. My MIL passed away in 2003.
I will dig all of these out of my cedar chest and post picture's soon. I'm sure all of you great quilters out there can give me some ideas as to what to do with them.