Old 06-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Elizabeth A.

I'm looking for a longarm quilter. I gave gone through all the ones in my state and nearby Georgia, and none of them feel right. Yes, I have a friend of a friend who does it, but she really put me off when she said I'd done my quilt "wrong". So I'm looking out there, beyond and only keeping that contact on the back burner so to speak.

I know there is another thread new like this one that is asking what you do to quilt your quilts, but I want to know WHO and where.

My current top pick is The Quilt Shop Around the Corner http://www.thequiltshoparoundthecorn...e.pl?page=home which is not local at all, but she is using a computerized longarm (those using the classics are more money because of the artistry involved. And she has a guarantee, which makes me feel better. If you don't at least say you stand by your work... Has anyone sent anything to her? I like her prices as I do have TWO quilt tops that need done.

I was talking to another lady also using a cumputerized machine, but she takes at least a week to send an email reply to me, and I just can't have that.