View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 04:58 AM
ghostrider

Other than the normal creeping price hikes that are just part of living in the world these days, I have seen absolutely no indication of any sudden jump in fabric prices locally or online. The only place I have seen any mention of it is here on the board and most of that, except for chain stores where I do not shop, has been purely speculation.

None of the shop owners I have spoken with are planning to raise their prices unless they have to. They are finding other ways to increase their revenue to meet the higher costs of doing business (more classes, more pre-cuts, more events, expanding to online sales, etc). They are well aware that they cannot price themselves out of the market. Customer loyalty works both ways at all of my local shops.

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
If supply and demand goes into effect, i.e. people not purchasing enough of the product, than the prices will go back down.
I suspect that if people stop buying enough of the product in person then the shops will close their brick and morter outlet and move online as Sunshine Carousel in Grantham and the shop in Boscawen did.