View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
nana pat

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
A few days ago I read a post on here about cleaning out our machine. Well today as I was zooming along on a binding for a quilt my DH wants to give to a co-worker whos wife had a baby my machine started acting up. So I tried to do the usual lint cleaning but it still would just not work right. I remembered them saying to take either the back or bottom off, well, mine is on the side. Lordy me.....and then I realized also that I had jammed some of that lint onto that wheel while trying to get it out.......If I had taken a picture I guarantee you it would have been a whole hand full of lint and that is no exageration. I am still trying to get some of it out but can tell a big difference already. I think I am gonna have to go get that canned air to be able to get the rest out. Told DH I probably just saved him about $100...........
I READ ON HERE THAT I HAVE BEEN MISTREATING MY FEATHERWEIGHT FOR YEARS BY BLOWING OR USING CANNED AIR TO REMOVE THE LINT. NO,NO,NO,IT CAUSES CONDENSATION AND IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR MACHINE. PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR KINDRED SPIRIT FRIENDS AND DONT BLOW...I HAVE STOPPED ALSO. I GET SO MANY GREAT TIPS ON THIS SITE. NANA PAT