View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Yeah I tried the lessons and watched the videos. I guess my real problem isn't EQ6 but my short term memory.... :?
I had to keep going back again and again to the "how to's" unless I wrote it down or had the book next to me.
I see a lady on one of the quilt shows and she justs whips through it. Go here, click that, move over, choose this one...ta da! I want to be like her and I just can't seem to get there. (I know she's uses it every day and I don't etc..)
I guess I'm discouraged because I'm usually a "quicker picker upper" on things like this.
I'll probably cave and buy the upgrade.
But maybe not.....I hate being indecisive....or do I? ;-)
I too have short term memory issues and it definitely is frustrating. I'm using sticky pad notes and paper clips all over the manual and yes, you do need to keep the manual handy and you do need to use it periodically. Even if you don't need it at the moment, you do need to work in it to learn it and implant the termonology, tools, etc on your brain. On the coffee break part of the lessons, that's a good time to click on all of the different tools and explore. Repeat the steps of the lesson and do the things it asks several time - in short, you have to be willing to put in the time to explore and play. The lady who helped me our community's EQ User Group meeting was very impressed with 6 (she has 5) but was amazed at how willing and comfortable I am with clicking on this and that to see what will happen.(I only had it 2 weeks and completed lesson 1 at that time.) That's the only way I can learn and figure out what those tools will do, where and how they can be utilized. I've decided to put in a couple of hours weekly and so far, it's making a difference but it isn't easy getting 2 hours when my brain is willing to focus and learn. Short term memory issues is very frustrating but learning new things such as this program is one of the best things we can do for our brain function and memory issues.