Old 05-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by wvdek
Billy-several of the screws are frozen up. I used panther p (as DH calls it) several times and no go. How do I get them loose? One is on the scroll plate . I may have to drill it with my Dremmel. I know there are some lubricating/penetrating sprays other than what I used. Guess I will have to purchase them and try it.

One more thing I would add to the list of items needed to clean/repair your machine are latex gloves. Have ick under nails I can't get out. Oh well, I had fun.
Yes you can try some other penetrating oils if you want or take a hair drier and warm up the area and then take a hammer and tap your screwdriver while its in the screw to jar the rust and it should back out.

I used a torch to heat up my Singer 24 to get some of the screws out of it. heat it up and let it cool a few times then pop it with a hammer and they came right out.

But if you use heat on the machine when it has the penetrating oils on it be careful and do it outside and make sure you have a way to put out a fire just in case.

Billy