View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Corry

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
Originally Posted by Corry
Okay, now how many of you have a kitty that loves to lay on your sewing table or on your stash for a comfy bed? I don't mind my cat coming into my sewing room while I am in there working but i don't want her making a habit of laying up on my table or fabrics. So I had to keep the door shut to my sewing room to keep my pets out. Well during the day it gets rather hot in my sewing room with the door shut but i need to keep it shut because of the animals...what to do...lol Hubby bought me a little window unit a/c but I only run it when i am in the sewing room. But still had the problem of it getting hot with the door shut. My stabilizer I use for machine embroidery got gummy with my thread breaking from gummed up needles. Well one day I said to my hubby...I need a screen door for my sewing room! A month later hubby brought me a screen door and took the other door off and put my new door on. It is soooo cool!! He painted the door and the screen PINK! It matches my room with the pink curtains and pink dresser! Well it works out great. The room is nice and cool with the a/c circulating thruout the house like it should and the pets can't get into my sewing room. I will take a pic of my screen door tomorrow and send it in. It is homemade of wood but looks really nice I think. My kitty is not so happy about it but that's life..lol My design wall, shop light hung from the ceiling and my screen door are my favorite ideas for my sewing room.

Add an antique, really old so beautiful, screen-door to the room. they can still talk to you and you to them
:lol:
The door my hubby made looks like the old timey doors. When I am in my sewing room I let my cat and dogs come in with me. It is when I am not using it that they need to stay out of there cause my cat wants to lay on my fabric and beside my sewing machine. Now they can't get in but the a/c can circulate in there and keep the room cool.