Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Eagle Hawk

Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody. I am interested in buying a new sewing machine but I have no idea where there are any dealers. I live in SE Kansas, so we can go towards Joplin/Springfield, Missouri or down towards Tulsa/Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

Does anyone know if there are sewing machine stores where they have all the different brands to try out at once? Or am I going to have to go to several stores? Also, if you live in an area mentioned above and know of a good dealer, could you please let me know? I would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thank you very much!
Marilyn
My suggestion is just don't get a Viking Saphire of any kind ...Even some of the people that work at Viking say there has been a lot of trouble with them. I have a Viking Designer I and love it and a Babylock Espire and love it, but hated the Saphire. I had 3 different ones, all new when I got them, straight out of the box and had problems. The fabric shop I frequent sells Janome and I know a lot of people now who have Janomes and they love them. All I have talked to say they have ever had a problem. Problem is...you can't buy these on line. You can only get them from a dealer.

What kind do you have now?