View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:07 AM
Janis

Originally Posted by smtp5
My first Doll swap! shocked and funny --and it was my friend from our city! I already showed her mine! We have signed up for other swaps, and will wait next month for the Doll swap!
You could do something fun with this swap, like add a twist. Find something you both want to try to do and do one for each other. You could do it separately, or together like a 'sew in'. Then you could get together and have lunch and exchange quilts. Since you already have your first quilt done, or so it sounds, just save it for another swap. Think of something fun, and make it special!!! Think of all of us that have partners and would love to meet them to swap a doll quilt and have lunch, or a shopping spree at a LQS. Make something positive about this swap with a friend.
My swap at Christmas, where we didn't know who was doing a doll quilt for us, was a very good friend on the board, and the only one I knew really anything about. I was thrilled to do a doll quilt for her and surprise her with it.
Take this swap and make something great and positive out of it, after all, have the two of you ever made any size quilts for other quilters? It doesn't happen, except for these swaps!!!