Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 AM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
*hangs head - feelings of remorse & guilt*

I can rattle of a million and one excuses in regards to my busy life. I feel really bad - when I signed up I thought I was in a place where I had time to take on a swap adventure. I was completely mistaken & my follow through sucked :( I have cut out a good portion of the fabrics, but I haven't had the chance to sew them up... I could send April the entire lot & she can try to figure it out what I was doing w/everyone's stuff, but I'm not so sure that would be very enjoyable for her...

First I thought I would send you all a random fat quarter w/a letter of apology...

Then I got a bright idea about doing a giveaway game for the block sets I received from you all instead. I used two sets of fabric thinking I'd end up w/two lap quilts instead of one big bed quilt I wouldn't use...

Which would you all prefer... everyone to receive a random fat quarter or take a chance & be one of two people to win the block sets that I received back from this swap?

Again, I'm really sorry for disappointing everyone. Hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive me :(
Awwwww, Honey, don't fret so hard about it! Most of us have been there (I am guilty of living in that world too often myself), so we understand your situation. Recently I was severely admonished for not getting birthday blocks done on time for a swap from another board. I had been online and explained my situation (last child graduating from HS and had special events to attend for her weekly, plus my "daily" job, and my own wedding cake business' ups and downs ... I NEVER sew during a baking week, to avoid any food contamination to my fabric and vice versa), and that I would certainly get caught up in due time, even providing a target date. Two days later I was advised in an e-mail to get them done within 2 days "or else", and you can only imagine the stress that put me under. I got them done, but I didn't appreciate the stress.

Not wanting to add any more stress to your life, I would be happy to have my fabric returned ... if you've already cut it out, that's okay, too. Just tell me the block and if you have a sketch, or directions or something else, I'd be happy to complete it myself. As has been said on this thread many times, this exchange was meant to be fun and we all know that stress is not fun, so feel free to return it to me. I'm not upset at all -- life gets in the way sometimes and we can only react however we can. As for the block I sent to you, it is yours to do whatever you would like. Only you can determine what that is.

But I can only speak for myself. Whatever you decide to be your best course of action will be fine with me. Just let me know.

Odessa