View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 AM
craftiladi

I was advised to start a new topic w/ the problems I am experiencing w/ my Brother SQ 9000, that I also recieved for mothers day and my Honey so lovingly thought he was doing good and I love him for it and hated telling him its not working.
Here is my orginal message:
Originally Posted by craftiladi
Just alittle advise, buying a machine from places like wal-mart, if you aren't happy w/ it or have any problems you must ship it to the manufacturer not return to wal-mart. Yes talking from experience...I bought the brother sq9000, I believe that was the numbers and I keep getting this stupid error message that no matter what i do I can't seem to fix. This is now my second machine that I didn't by from a dealer, yes have a White embroidery machine that I bought off HSN years ago that just sitting here. Ya think I would learn but I am on a pretty tight budget so I keep trying .........
Below is a message I recieved:

craftiladi, I have the sq9000 as well.
After reading the posts saying machines are made different for Wal-mart I was almost paranoid to use it. I believe I thought it wasn't going to perform properly before I took it out of the box. I had been using the EX660 and started breaking needles. A lot of needles. I damaged the EX660 bobbin case holder my J foot. So, I set the sq9000 up and sewed on a cotton fabric sandwich. Worked okay so I got into my happy rhythm (zipping across the sandwich, lifting the presser foot, pulling my thread out to snip, next seam across, etc.) In no time I popped the 75/11 that comes in it. !!!!! I had tears!!!!!!
There were members on this board who patted my shoulder, dried my tears and gave me the courage to try again.
There was not a d___ thing wrong with my machine but ME! 1. I was making the seam like I was in the Daytona 500.
I now sew at a slow or medium speed and give the machine time to do the work I am asking of it.
2. My EX660 does not ball the lead (top and bobbin) threads up if I start the seam without holding both treads against the face plate. The sq9000 does ball up into the fabric. This 'can' put enough pressure on the top and/or bobbin thread to bind.
When it binds, the top and bobbin threads tie in a knot. The bobbin thread gets pulled out of the bobbin thread guide, still tied in a knot with the top thread. The bobbin can't spin, the top thread continues to pull against the needle, snapping or bending the needle.
I know this now because I sewed very slow so I could watch the machine work. I was determined I would return it if I was unhappy with the way it performed.
3. I slowly sew off the last edge long enough to give me room to snip. I learned I can't pull it even the least bit before the needle stops or the same thing I described above will happpen. I think I will start using the leaders to begin and end with like I saw in a post on the board.
I have sewn as many as 10 bobbins of thread now (75/11 on cotton) with no problems. I may have other opportunities to learn down the road but I am presently very happy with my Walmart SQ9000.
If you would like, you could start a post on your problem in case we can help you problem solve. I am so glad I was able to keep mine. It is special to me because it was my happy mothers day sewing machine. A replacement for it just wouldn't have seemed like a gift anymore.
Good luck.

My orginal problem is before I can even sew a inch I hear a clunk noise get the error message E6 which says thread tangled and it won't go. I have replaced the needle, rethreaded the machine several times and still the same result. When I first recieved the machine I was able to play around for a couple hrs w/ no problems.
Thank-you so much and please any other insight would be appreciated.