Old 05-31-2010, 04:48 PM
JenniePenny

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Yes, I'm buying several totes of fabric from a woman who can no longer sew due to medical issues and she has cleaned out her stash. This will take place on Monday. I'm very much looking forward to getting all the fabric, going through it, and imagining the possibilities.
Well, let me tell you - I drove an hour to get the fabric - the 'deal went down' in a Taco Bell parkinng lot, and drove an hour home with a full trunk. Hadn't looked closely at anything yet, but was wondering if I wasted my money or did OK. After dinner, I started looking at the loot. I didn't think I would ever come to the bottom of the bags! I took each piece out to examine and measure. I took notes on paper. At the end, I tallied up that I had just bought 92 yards of fabric. With the exception of 4 yards of red flannel, 1 yard of gorgeous blue velvet, and 1/2 yard of blue linen, everything else was excellent quality quilting cottons in very large pieces. It's fabulous! Some of the fabric still had the store labels with yardage and price on them.
Hip, hip, hooray!! Awesome. :thumbup:
(But, I have OCD tendencies and want to get it washed and ironed and put in the proper place.) :thumbdown: