Thread: Applique
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 AM
user3587

That is the site I was on the peaked my interest. I just don't really know how to start. I want to to the Baltimore Blues but I better start with something a little smaller, then work my way up. I have a sheet that shows me how to start, but I need one that gives the applique stitch you use, how you join pieces that are connected or butt up against each other. I understand the pattern sequence but stitching them so you don't see the stitch or cause puckering. The Baltimore Blues were machine appliqued according the site owner. She sent me the whole set. As soon as I get paid I'm going to donate to her site. I have never been on a site that gives so much for nothing. I saw a title to a book called Teach Yourself to hand applique so thought I might look into that.
I hope this helps me relax. I need it. I saw one on Sindy's site of a chicken that was large pieces and thought I might try that first. I understand how the freezer paper techique works but I still have questions. I would like to learn the turn under with the needle instead of ironing it down. Do you take the freezer paper off before you start this, and if so how do you keep the shape? I have the questions in my mind but I may not be asking them right? Please excuse type o's and unstructed sentences. Hope you can read between the lines and make sense of my ramblings.