Old 05-31-2010, 06:43 PM
dunster
Power Poster

I picked up my craigslist treadle today. I will post more about it later, but here's what I found out so far. Serial # 11 938 834, issued in 1894. There is an original manual with the machine, saying "vibrating shuttle No. 2" - or more accurately, it says "Vibrerende Skyttel No. 2" - because the manual is written in Danish! I have never seen the decals before, but I think I found them on page 3 of the needlebar's decals page, all the way at the bottom, with no explanation. The decals are in great shape. Most of the V.S. 2's appear to have the fiddle base, but this one is rectangular. Apparently "No. 2" machines were eventually called Model 27-2, but this manual does not reference the number 27 anywhere. The face plate is plain (boo-hoo). There were several bobbins in the drawer (with thread on them), and the machine parts move freely. The pitman is wood. Oh yes, it came with the original oil can too. I am so happy to have found this machine. I will practice restoring another one before tackling this one - I don't want to harm it.

manual and oil can - anyone speak Danish?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76432[/ATTACH]

coffin lid in the background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76433[/ATTACH]

missing 1 drawer and 3 pulls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76434[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76427.jpe   attachment-76428.jpe   attachment-76429.jpe