View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by nor'easter
My system is similar to Mamagus. I use a Rolodex system with their clear sleeves for the cards. I tuck a swatch of each fabric in the back of the sleeve and print out a card with info on the front such as fabric line, manufacturer, where I got it, when I got it, price, how much I have, etc. I keep all the info on my 'puter in a database (similar to that second site thimblebug posted) and print out selected fields for the card. It's easy to update, simple to take any cards to find "go withs", and suits my "office geek" personality. :lol: I don't like binders...had one bite me in the third grade and have not trusted them ever since!! :roll:
I really like yours and Mamagus' ideas.... I will have to consider this one.. At the moment my little "geek" personality desk is rather small and I was planning upon my move to my house (ooh please oooh please before the end of this year) to convert my rec room into my studio... at that time I planned to get a bigger desk. I have my eye on a gorgeous desk at Staples. I will have more room for a rolodex system. I don't mind binders too much, I find they keep me a little more organized.

Lately I have been buying alot of fabric through thousands of bolts.com and each piece of fabric comes with a sticker attached stating how much yardage I bought of each, the manufacturer and the lot numbers. I want to keep doing that with all my fabrics if I can at all possible so if I needed to order more, I have more information to provide!

Thanks so much for your ideas!!!