Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by sandpat
Rachel..I have it and I'll try to do that for you in the next couple of days ok? Can you let me know "how" you want to do the trip around the world...just start in the center with light? or dark? how wide did you want the strips of color to be?? How many different oranges??...did you want the sashing AND the cornerstones to be navy and what about the tri's? Ummm...it seems that I have quite a few questions.
Oh yay!! Thanks so much!! I am not sure how many gradients of orange I can find, so maybe just a few trips, with the corners kind of being all one shade. The oranges could also have some white in them too as I think it’ll have to be navy blue, white and orange. I am thinking light in the center and dark outside. So far as the sashing and cornerstones, I am not sure!! LOL How about solid navy for the sashing and maybe a white and navy print for the cornerstones? With the tri’s orange for the pieced ones and solid navy for the non-pieced …. Hmmm since you have made this quilt before, maybe you could throw my ideas out the window and use your Dear Jane intuition and come up with something extra purdy for me?? LOL

Thanks!!!!
Rachel