Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
JJs
Banned

This is what happens when two generations of parents "don't sweat the small stuff"....
I told my kids when they were raising THEIR kids - you HAVE to call them on the small stuff - because no kid is going to listen to you if you've never made them behave...
let the small stuff slide and when something big happens - then what...
I don't mean beat a kid, but make them listen, heed some rules, not throw mad fits and get whatever it is they are having a fit about...
I hate going in any kind of store anymore - kids bellering and screaming and parents just giving in - well duh, why do you think the kids do it? because it WORKS...
Kids are being raised to INSTANT gratification - and parents are falling all over themselves to hand it out...
My kids did NOT run all over town, go where they wanted, etc - they were in sports and music and the rest of the time they were HOME....
kids don't THINK either - mindless slavery to video games - we live in the deep south where you'd think kids would at least have some sun tan - nope - everybody is pale - they sit inside glued to computers/video games/tvs.... when they do go outside they are on a 4wheeler zooming around on somebody elses' property....
is it immature or just plain rude and lazy?