Old 06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
sueisallaboutquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Maybe I'm just getting old but I am so tired of all the cussing and bird-flipping everywhere!! TV, movies, kids on the streets, adults in cars...
Here's what happened just a minute ago-
I was minding my own business and sitting at a red light, in the right turn lane, which had a sign "No turn on red". So I'm waiting for a green light, right?
This guy pulls up behind me, honks his horn a few times, revs his engine, backs up (I thought he was going to ram the back of my car) swerves around me to the left, cuts in front of me and makes a right turn while the light was still red.
OK...I can live with that. No damage done, if you're in that big of a hurry, then just go.
But as he was going around me he's is spewing filthy language at me and flipping me the bird!!!
What did I do wrong? Nothing.
He was not a kid either. He looked like late 30's at least.
This happens alot.
Teenagers or adults walking at the mall or in the movies while waiting for it to start, cussing.
Whenever I hear someone talking on their phone, they cuss. Whenever someone annoys them, flip the bird and cuss. (Females doing it too)
Is it just me?
Has the human race gotten that immature?
Shame on you for adhering to the rules of the road!! :D Too bad there wasn't a police car nearby. Glad you weren't hurt!!
There does seem to be a lot of rage everywhere these days. I love being home and watching my Yankees!!!! At the rate I'm going I will turn into a hermit! I love my husband dearly but he has terrible road manners- not swearing etc, but he doesn't observe a lot of the rules. Turning on a no turn is just one thing he does. Makes me nuts. Our cars are almost identical but his insurance is almost double mine...........