View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by smcbride
Awesome. I still don't have the talent of visualizing colors.
I think Sally Collins put it best in her book "Mastering Precision Piecing," which states, "The ability to choose color well is a skill that improves and evolves with time, practice, patience, experimentation, and study." If you are struggling with color, there are some great books out there that will help, and the color wheel can be an invaluable tool. Don't get the plain one that you can pick up for a buck. Instead, go to an art store and ask to see their color wheels. You can find some with a lot of different color tips and tricks for combining colors. The more you play with color and create quilts, the more you grow and become comfortable working with colors. And if you can, take color theory classes from different teachers. It's facinating how each instructor teaches a bit differently and where one may not help, another may change the entire way you view quilting and colors. This is meant to be encouraging. I think most of us have felt intimidated by colors at one time or another (or more often!). Don't worry, it'll come to you!