View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
pstoner

Originally Posted by SuzyQ
Has anyone ever made or seen a collage quilt with wedding photos? My friends son recently got married and I was thinking of printing some of the pictures onto fabric and making a collage type quilt, nothing symmetrical. Does that make sense? I've been looking for ideas on the internet and haven't seen anything so I thought I'd check with everyone here. I can't quite figure it out in my head how I would do it.

Susan
I recently made one for my daughter, I put the printed fabric photos in squares with star points. I used her wedding colors of satin for the top (real pain), then backed it with satin. It turned out nice, she wanted it tied with satin ribbon, which I did, except now her cats are chewing on the ribbons, may have to bring it back when I finish this other one for her. She has to have coordinating sheets with her quilts, so now she's getting a blue one.

I seen one on this site that someone had a link, check search for wedding quilt or photo quilt. Someone posted a link that used the actual wedding dress for the pattern and wow was that beautiful.