View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by Marcia
I use a cheap spiral bound scrapbook that I got a Michael's. I put a picture or two of the quilt (with the recepient if it is a gift) and sometimes a fabric sample. Then I write about the quilt-
-what inspired this quilt?
-did I find the fabric first and then a pattern to go with it, or the other way around?
-what pattern I used.
-anything special about the quilt or the reason I made it for that person
-the month and year when the quilt was started and finished (sometimes that is a LONG time in between :D )
-the size of the quilt
-any other detail info I want to include

When I feel like I never accomplish anything it is fun to go back and see all the quilts (wall hangings, lap quilts, etc) that I have finished. Since I have given so many away as gifts they are not around to remind me of what I have done.

I hope that some day when I am dead and gone my grandchildren or great grandchildren may like reading about their old Grammy and what inspired her!

It is a great idea to document your work. Good luck with whatever method works best for you.

that is a fantastic idea!!! It is nice from time to time to go back and see what accomplishments we have done in our creations. At the moment, i don't have a scrapbook for my quilts.. YET that is, but I do have all my photos in a portfolio file on my laptop and CDs of everything I have made whether for myself, for friends/family, clients or donations.