View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
quiltlady

Wow- this is so amazing looking. Love the "flakes"
I did a quilt once with my daughter's second grade class when we lived in Canada - the school was named after an explorer -so I did a pen and ink drawing of him as the first square- the kids did squares of things pertaining to explorers and Canada. They fabric colored on white fabric - beavers, trees, maple leaf, moose etc, the last square was a pen and ink of the school itself. We sashed it in the school colors. I brought in a small hand crank sewing machine and the kids put the first sashing piece on their own square. For the label on the back it had one inset square that all the kids signed. I borowed a pvc pipe quilt frame and all the kids got to help tie it. We presented it to the principal who had no inkling that one of the classrooms had been doing this for several months. He had it mounted behind plexi glass and hung in the lobby of the school I assume it's still there. (my daughter just turned 27). The kids were so proud of their work. Wish I had a picture. Might have to send for one.