View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
vicki reno

Many, many years ago, there was a girl leving her job with state parks to move back with her family in Pa. I wanted to do something speical to say goodbye. I made on block of the school house design, but made it fairly large. Well, I needed a teeny bit of yellow flannel for the widows. The owner of this shop informed that I'd have to buy an eigth of a yard. Okay fine. But when one of the employees walked up front from the back of the shop and spoke to me, all of a sudden, she was giving me the teeny bit (actual amt. needed for 2 tiny windows for free!) It was a long time before I ever wnet back in there. I felt that I was the same person, before the employee spoke to me, why shouldn't she have extended that courtesy to me before instead of afterwards? She wasn't placing any emphasis on keeping customers, it was only who knew who that was important to her. I still shop there (although infrequently) b/c other quilt shops in the area are either further away or do not have as good a selection. The best one is about 50 miles from here, but with gas prices as high as they are, I cannot just jump in the car and run over there just to see what is new.