View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Pam

I had 2 guild meeting yesterday and just wanted to put this out there for those who would like to join a guild, find a friendly one and go for it.

My first meeting is a group of art quilters. We call ourselves The Underground Art Movement. There are only 5 of us and we are working on a whisper project and I got some really helpful hints for what was troubling me on my current project and my next assignment, so I have to get that one started and finish up the last one.

After that I went to the Raintree meeting in Evansville. I am a new member and am always warmly greeted. They have a potluck twice a year and one was last nite. The food was great and many asked for my sushi salad recipe. They said they liked it, but maybe they just wanted to make sure they did not make it themselves!

I know that I am always on here talking up the guilds, but that is because mine are so important to me, besides the 2 I just mentioned, I belong to 2 others and I am on a committee that puts on an annual retreat. Quilting is a huge part of my life, I love it and my quilting friends.