View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Mamagus

Originally Posted by MrsColumbo
What part of NL are you in Mamagus? I will be in St. John's mid June and know absolutely NO one there who sews!! I lived there for 18 yrs and have been in BC for 5 1/2 .. going to visit my daughter who went back in November for three weeks, got a job and is still there!! When I lived there I didn't sew, I made mohair bears and there was nowhere to buy my supplies .. I had to order it from either CA or Toronto .. I only know Fabricville .. dont tell me there are others ??? I see an empty suitcase coming with me LOL Maybe I'll have to leave some clothes behind.

Toby
I am in the Clarenville area and sadly, I think Fabricville is probably your best choice while "in town". They have really expanded their quilting fabric section. Piecemakers in Paradise is really expensive and Ed at Sewing World doesn't have much of a selection. There's also a small store in the Piper Plaza at teh beginning of Commonwealth Avenue just off Topsail Road.
If you're planning on driving there are several out around Bay Roberts including Wescals and if you're coming to Clarenville, Mercers on Marine Drive and WAVE creations in Harcourt are two good, reasonably priced stores. MY ABSOLUTE favorite store on the island is C&M Crafts in Carmanville but that is a LONG drive! Not do-able in a day for sure!