Thread: quilting cruise
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 04:54 PM
thimblebug6000

I love cruising and I love quilting, BUT in 2004 a LQS put on it's first one. They used the Carnival cruise line, (which we found out later has become known as a party line .... you get to watch people stumbling along the decks clutching their buckets of iced beer) and we were only doing hand work. They assigned us to the disco for our classroom, hard plastic stools and very little light.....I was very disappointed. The highlight of course was a trip to the Houston Quilt Festival before the cruise.
IF and that's a BIG if..... I were to consider going again, I would certainly choose a well known quilting personality, and read reviews of their cruises etc. ahead of time. Many of them have companies that supply the machines etc. to simplify life. For me personally, a quilting retreat is wonderful...... and a lovely relaxing cruise totally for sightseeing is also wonderful. Think about this ... you get put into a room with closed doors and there's all that wonderful sea out there with maybe porpoise or whales or ??? and you're missing them..... and then there's your friend out there catching the sun rays or all the entertainment ..... This is just my personal experience & as in all things, some people LOVE this (just not me)