Thread: Overcoming Fear
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
sabrinaquilts

Originally Posted by gollytwo
Originally Posted by janet bales
Thanks for all that all of you have taught me as a quilt newcomer. One thing I guess I am ashamed to admit but I need help with is overcoming fear. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but my husband offers to hold my hand as I start quilting. I do not know if I am afraid of failing, but I have difficultly getting in my room to start really quilting process. I have read books, have great stuff to quilt with, and read your helping topics but overcoming getting started is huge. HELP!
Emiko Toda Loeb, a very talented Japanese professional quilter - told me years ago, ignore the mistakes and just keep going - most will never be noticed.
It took me a few years before I can over come my urge to confess my mistakes in the quilts when I give them away. It makes me worried when they say how perfect my quilts are and I don't want them to think that because it was a lie. It bothered me. The receivers never cared about the boo-boos when I pointed them out. They just continue to gush over how perfect the quilt was for them.