View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Brenda Sue

I have been reading this message board for awhile and I really love it and have learned a lot. I need help now. I bought a Singer 503A from my neighbor for $5. My mother traded her treadle machine in 1962 to buy a 503 for us. She had it until the house fire 15 years ago. The neighbors' 503A seems to be in good condition, except it does not have any of the cams. I have cams from my Singer Golden Touch & Sew. Will these cams fit on the 503A? I bought my Singer Golden in 1969 and have the attachments from that and also assorted cams I have picked up at auctions and yard sales. If I have to have special cams to fit the 503, where do I find them? By doing some research on the internet, I have found out the 503 is called the Rocketeer. She used that machine for 35 years and never knew it was considered such a workhorse. I would like to make the neighbors' machine a great replacement for the one she lost. The Singer she bought to replace the one lost in the fire was a Wal Mart machine without the bells and whistles of the 503, but it works pretty good most of the time. Hope some of you great board members can be of help.