Old 06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
no1jan

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by no1jan

Dunster, I could not see the same bobbin winder in any of the tutes or pictures. My machine does not have the black piece that holds the thread guides and bobbin. It has a silver metal piece made differently and I can't figure out how to get it on.

I have 2 other model 66, one electric and another treadle, however the bobbin winder is made differently.

If you know of a tute or picture I missed, please let me know.
I don't know if these pics will help you or not. I haven't taken my machine completely apart yet, and it may be the wrong type of bobbin winder. If it's the right one, let me know and I'll try to get better pictures. (Now I'm almost afraid to take mine apart.)

No it is not the same. See the piece that holds the parts of the bobbin winder (the black piece shaped like a "Y") that is the piece I broke on my other machine but found a replacement. This piece is silver metal on mine with a notch on the left for a screw.

The top piece that attaches to the shaft itself is not on my bobbin winder at all.

Some how I have to attach the "Y" piece along with the top thread guide and top that holds the bobbin in place to the shaft. I just can't figure it out.

From my experience, I will NEVER take another bobbin winder apart. I will clean as best as I can on the machine! They don't agree with me, obviously. :cry: